How many of you signed up for Disney+ today?

After watching first two Mandalorian chapters and thinking back, the content seems shallow so far. Maybe future chapters will develop better story depth.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t bring myself to do it. 1st thing they say in their Terms and Privacy is that their ā€œfamily of companiesā€ (a sickening oxymoron if ever there was one) will share my info. If they support the at least somewhat anonymized Sign in with Apple, maybe Iā€™d consider it.

Also, the fact that so many properties have had their aspect ratios altered is a real stink-bomb.

1 Like

Few days ago. The Simpsons is available on Disney+ in Canada.

1 Like

Just became available this morning in Australia and I like it so far.

A few UI issues and search is a bit basic, but Iā€™ll be keeping this along with Netflix and my Fetch TV (budget pay TV in Aus) subscriptions.

1 Like

I was seeing news stories today that hundreds of thousands of accounts have already been hacked and people are locked out (beyond the servers unable to cope with the load). Not sure if payment or any other personal infoā€™s details are compromised, though. But yikes, itā€™s just another reason Iā€™ll stay away for at least a good long while. Kind of a bummer.

1 Like

Hacking is pretty common with streaming services, is happening to all of them. No 2FA and people using very short, insecure passwords (who wants to enter a long, complex password using a TV remote?)

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I stay away from all of them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: But like I said earlier in the thread, if they choose to support Appleā€™s sign-in features, then maybe Iā€™d consider it. Also, apparently fixes for the aspect ratio debacle are in the works.

1 Like

The service itself is not getting hacked. Hate the news sometimes. People are getting phished for their passwords, or they are using the same password they used on another service that was previously hacked so it works. Common access methods for many attackers.

That being said, there are things Disney needs to improve in the app around security, like the ability to boot attached devices and profiles, two factor authentication, etcā€¦ While Disney has areas to improve for sure, the cause of most of these cases is bad internet hygiene on the part of a lot of users.

1 Like

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
plus necessary minimum chars

1 Like

Ah. Thatā€™s why I gave myself an out saying it wasnā€™t clear whether or not personal and/or financial data was breached. As an Apple user, I hope this is a wake-up call to Disney that they should leverage Appleā€™s provisions for 3rd parties on its devices/platforms.

1 Like

Decided to sign up for Disney Plus after all on the seven day trial. For a change Australia is getting more than the US.

2 Likes

Finally the content shift is working. It wonā€™t take long for competitors to follow.

1 Like

Probably wont I donā€™t need another service,

1 Like

Mandalorian - Chapter 3 and 4 have made the series come alive!

1 Like

Am loving The Mandalorian. Itā€™s not bombastic like some sci fi action series can be.

1 Like

While re-watching Return of the Jedi, I am seeing several appearances of a Mandalorian

3 Likes

So, Thanksgiving day my son talked me into starting Disney+ so we could watch the first episode of The Mandalorian. We are big Star Wars fans and we enjoyed this starting show! As much as I would like to wait until all the shows drop so we could binge watch them, alas our willpower ran out. Only four shows so far but itā€™s getting really good!

How many toy Childā€™s will they sell this Christmas? He is unbelievably cute. Does anyone know how many shows are in the series? Will they do more seasons? Inquiring minds are too lazy to look this up! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I believe there will be eight episodes in the first season.

2 Likes