How many of you signed up for Disney+ today?

i had no intention of signing up. The oldest of the crew has it and called me to tell me about it as if I should sign up. IDK. I spend my tv time watching reruns of Archer or Veep or Parks and Rec or King of the Hill or The Office or The IT Crowd and I’m pretty happy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If I get Disney+ I’ll be forced to upgrade my 1080p TV to a 4K… How could I possibly watch Star Wars in 1080? What am I a savage?

I knew I’d find an excuse to upgrade my tv :joy:

8 Likes

I’m an adult without children, so I will not be signing up. I grew out of Star Wars and superhero movies a long time ago. I have zero interest in this service.

3 Likes

I signed up for the $12.99 per month bundle of Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu - looks pretty good

3 Likes

lol! so THAT would be your excuse to buy a new tv? Love it! :laughing:

4 Likes

Begun again the streaming wars have.

I thought it was interesting that just as all these services are being rolled out, the last generation of streaming (live tv/DVR cable replacements) is starting to winnow.

1 Like

It was an instant sub for our family. We love the marvel stuff. And yay for an entire Spiderman “channel”.

I have grandchildren living part time at my house so…yeah, that’s the reason I have to get it!

I will wait another month so most of the issues will iron out. I’m patient but the grands aren’t!

2 Likes

I actually signed up for the bundle so it the same price that I was already paying for Hulu.

It is due for launch in Australia next week. I will probably sign up for it. Looking at the demos the last couple of days, I really like the way it has organised the different genres - Star Wars, Marvel etc.

2 Likes

That’s cool. I want a bit more original content first. I already own most of the Marvel movies on DVD/Blue Ray.

Let us know what you think of it.

I think I’ll jump on next summer or next fall.

1 Like

Well i just got the VZW promo. So I guess I have D+ for a year at least.

2 Likes
1 Like

That’s the problem I have too. We only pay for two (Netflix and Amazon), but we also have cable. Every time we see our rates increase from the cable company, we think this should be time time we cord cut, but then I think of the number of services that we might have to consume to get the diversity of content that we watch (the spouse and I have some common shows, but many uncommon shows between each other). Since the players are putting money into their own platforms and switching things around, it gets a bit trying for my taste…

I was wondering when that would come up. One of my husband’s favorite movies is “Song of the South” and just do a Google search on that one! Though they are withholding that one from what I see online.

Today I finally watched the Mandalorian…enjoyable

2 Likes
1 Like

That’s not good… :frowning:

1 Like