How do you watch or listen to TWIT?

Shift key 1.1.724

I tried to use YouTube but it stops after 15 minutes and moves onto the next video. Logged in, not logged in, doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

TWiT, TWiG, MacBreakWeekly. Mostly on iOS for me. Been a heavy Apple Podcasts user for years but I’m starting to gravitate towards Overcast. Usually the day after the podcast is released, as I get ready for work in the shower, or later at night as I catch up on work. Sometimes at the Gym or during commutes.

3 Likes

Usually watch live on Mixer or TWiT.TV. I listen using Pocket Casts.

2 Likes

Each week, I watch (mostly not live due to my schedule): The Tech Guy (Sat & Sun), Windows Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, iOS Today, Ham Nation and (sometimes) Triangulation and Security Now. I’m sure I’m missing one or two others, but as you can see, an amazing lineup! I miss some of the old crew (Megan, Sarah, Giz Whiz, Father B) but am also loving the new ones (Mikah, et al.) Great job with TWiT, Leo and crew! It’s a huge part of my life and fuels my tech & geek needs, and I adore each show. Btw, I mostly watch on an Apple TV TWiT app, or via Apple Podcasts app if watching on my iPad or iPhone.

Keep up the great work!

My favorite show: Windows Weekly :smiley:
What I miss most: Giz Whiz Show :frowning:

BB

2 Likes

I mainly listen to TWiT on my phone, with & without headphones, depends.
And mostly when I’m driving and doing housework.
If there is something worth watching then I normally jump onto Youtube.
I am using a Samsung phone, and use the split screen or pop-up screen function regularly to listen, watch and check messages at the same time. :grin:
Sometimes on my iPad, never on PC or laptop.

3 Likes

awesome! Thanks for watching Triangulation and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When THIS WEEK IN TECH first came out - of course in the podcast section of iPod. Now on Spotify. And on the Twit.tv app on Fire TV on Mondays while eating lunch!

1 Like

Nice! Welcome, jaydot :fist_right:t5:

Oh it sounds just great to me, but I’m no audiophile. I have a mini in one of my baths so I can hear it when I’m in my rec room, where that bath is adjoining. I have another in my bedroom, and my Google Home is in my living room. So somewhere in my small house, I can hear TWiT :smiley:

1 Like

Almost always Pocketcasts on my phone, either in the house with a Google Home device (in nearly every room) as the speaker and in the car with Apple Car Play. Android Auto in the past, but so long as work pays for the phone they get to decide which one.

I download the HD video versions of the shows. Mainly watch TWiT and TWiG. I’m watching them on a desktop with a TV connected up as a second monitor.

By the way, I don’t watch anything live. So I’m glad you guys set up this forum so that the part of the community living the time-shifting lifestyle can still participate. :relaxed:

3 Likes

You’re very welcome @TopFloor - makes it easier for me, too! Welcome!

1 Like

I watch via the Apple TV Podcasts app.

good to hear, TopFloor :fist_right:t5:

1 Like

I watch IOS Today, MacBreak Weekly and then the Tech Guy on the weekends. I usually watch on twit.tv via my iPad or my MacBook.

iOS Today followed by MacBreak Weekly

2 Likes

Podcasts: around the house, while walking, or at the gym.

1 Like

I watch iOS Today, This Week in Google, and MacBreak Weekly on my Mac via YouTube. Am not a tech guy (I taught college English and humanities for 28 years), but I am interested in technology and the way it intersects with culture. Cheers, Everyone! Edited to add that I’ve been a fan of Leo since The Screen Savers on Tech TV.

1 Like

Listen TWiT walking to work and back Monday-Wednesday, listen to TWiG Thursday and Friday. Sometimes I watch youtube HOT.

I used to listed to Tech News Today, then the format was switched to 1 hour and in my short commute I would not even be able to finish that so I gave up, the TNT got discontinued, I guess I wasn’t the only one who stopped listening.

1 Like

At normal 1x speed, not like you x speed heathens. :smiley:

Kidding aside, I watch on desktop and smartphone when I can, otherwise I play the audio version while cooking, cleaning, washing my car, getting dressed for work, in my car, and at work. Sometimes I’ll use Youtube background play rather than mp3 (Podcast Addict my preferred client on Android, Overcast on iOS), and on desktop I usually download from twit.tv and open with VLC.

1 Like