How do you watch or listen to TWIT?

I have my my iPad at my desk at work (Help Desk for big company) and I watch the live stream of the last hour of Tech guy and then TWiT through the Brave Browser :wink: in the background while I process ServiceNow tickets of course. :shushing_face:

1 Like

On the weekends Twit is on the t.v. with Roku through youtube or twitch and when outside doing yard work i stream through my phone. During the week it really depends where I’m working at. If I have service i’ll watch or listen, other time i download shows to listen to.

1 Like

On the weekends, I watch as much as I can of the live stream on my desktop PC. For the weekday shows, I download the video podcasts from iTunes on the PC and watch in the evenings. I much prefer to watch video of the shows, but sometimes I’ll stream the live audio through my iPhone in the car if I have a drive of an hour or more.

3 Likes

I watch - usually directly from the TWIT website - on a chromebook in my sewing room. I’m retired now and spend a lot of time in there making stuff. After I listen to This Week in Tech and This Week in Google, I pretty much just pick and chose from the rest of the lineup or take pot luck on ‘live’. I was a big fan of Pocketcasts until they screwed it up. If the TWIT site is hinky in replay, I flip to YouTube for the playback.

3 Likes

Mostly using Pocketcasts Web App when at desktop, on Pocketcast app on mobile and TWiT website or YouTube when live

3 Likes

I watch (er, mostly listen to) The Tech Guy video on the the Roku app.

3 Likes

90% Pocketcast via Samsung Galaxy S10 [per Mr TechGuy conversation] into:
•Sync 2 [no Android Auto :dizzy_face:]
•cast to G Home Max
or
•G Home
•Trekz titanium [Techguy again]
• Sat/Sun watching TechGuy live on Lenova Smart Display 10

3 Likes

I’ll watch directly from the TWiT site, typically from a Chromebook display that is parked next to my main desktop. I’ll try to catch special events live, but typically watch all shows time shifted to fit into my work schedule. I’m usually a day or two late on the shows that I watch.

4 Likes

In my browser from YouTube. I used to watch directly from the TWiT site, but the streams sometimes would cut out. I haven’t gone back in awhile to see if they have more stream options.

Also, it can be interesting to read the comments on YouTube. Maybe this forum will open discussion topics for each episode of their shows.

3 Likes

I try to make a point of watching all the show live and have chat open. The pre and post show banter can sometimes be the most fun.

4 Likes

Have to say I’m not quite dedicated enough to shift my life to 2-6 am to watch live, living 15 hours away. Fill my iPhone with favourite shows and enjoy listening as I walk with my spotted friend, Beau. Part of the reason I looked forward to this capability so much.

2 Likes

i found a Google Home Mini in a box after my move. Don’t remember buying it or someone saying they sent it to me. My son just recently fired it up and uses it in his room. Home mini sounds good around the house for you while listening to TWiT?

3 Likes

If I watch, I watch on YouTube. If I’m listening, it’s almost always via Pocket Casts.

2 Likes

you can also try Playapod. That’s the app I use. I also chatted with him on Triangulation last week. https://twit.tv/tri416

4 Likes

that triangulation is next on my list to watch!

2 Likes

Before joining TWiT, I had a bunch of different routines over the years. That most recent routine was as follows:

Sunday: peek in at the TWiT live stream via YouTube on my XB1
Monday: watch TWiT re-run on YouTube in a browser while I worked on stuff at my desk
Tuesday: watch iOS Today in the live stream and chat with the #TWiTArmy while I ate a late lunch
Wednesday: watch All About Android in a browser while working on something that morning
Wednesday: check in on the This Week in Google live stream for a second as well as the chat.
Thursday: Watch TWiG in the evening on XB1 unless a college football game was coming on

3 Likes

niiiiiice seeing your LCDTV is still kickin’ it. Not to mention, I love the T-series laptops. ((drools))

1 Like

Downloaded Playapod to my iPhone and iPad before your show ended! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Stream on Apple TV most evenings and the weekends. Listen to the audio stream on Alexa. Download the shows to listen to on the road.

2 Likes

I’m curious, which Apple TV app do you use?

2 Likes