Sunday - The Tech Guy Show - video and audio at home on my 50" TV
Monday - This Week in Tech - audio in the car
Tuesday -
Wednesday - Security Now/Mac Break Weekly- audio in the car
Thursday - This Week in Google - audio in the car
Friday -
Saturday - The Tech Guy Show - video and audio at home on my 50" TV

8 Likes

I listen to The Tech Guy on the weekends either through my Android Pixel 3 (bought at Leos suggestion and I am very happy with it) or on my Amazon Echo.

4 Likes

I watch live on my TV. Weekends for The Tech Guy and This Week in Tech and Wednesdays for This Week in Google.
I use my Chromecast and Google Home. The syntax sometimes changes, but to get it working correctly as of now, I just say “Hey, Google, watch TWiT live on YouTube.” The “on YouTube” part I only recently had to start adding.

3 Likes

I watch the live stream on twit.tv site on my computer.

4 Likes

Same with me https://twit.tv/live on my PC or mobile device.

2 Likes

I use Audio-Technica ATH M50s (with weird white memory foam ear pads) into a Sennheiser ew300 wireless receiver. I’m currently transmitting Program 4 (stream audio) into this receiver.

4 Likes

If I’m at my desk, I either have the podcasts playing in Pocket Casts or I’m watching live on YouTube. Both ways are on my iPad Pro. If I’m puttering around the house, I’m listening on either my Google Home or one of the Google Home Minis.

3 Likes

Via Apple TV using the Twit app or YouTube.

3 Likes

I use the YouTube app on my Roku plugged in to my 46" TV in the living room to watch TTG and TWIT. If I get a chance to catch any of the podcasts during the week, its on my iPad via YouTube.

2 Likes

I mostly use Chrome to cast to my ChromeCast on a nearby TV to watch either live or the previously recorded shows. I one time bought a ChromeCast specific app for my Android phone, but it stopped being able to show the live more than a year ago, and I since pretty much abandoned that app for going direct to the Twit.tv site.

1 Like

“The Tech Guy” on weekends through a Roku/TuneIn channel/TWiT
“Security Now!” audio download on an Android tablet using Podcast Addict

3 Likes

Youtube live stream on Roku 3 on my 10 year old 55" Sharp LCD TV
or my iPhone 7 or my ThinkPad T420 laptop.

4 Likes
  • Usually Youtube live on Apple TV hooked up to my 50" Panasonic Plasma; the TWIT apps would lose connections too often

• If I want to watch something on the TV, I’ll use the twit.tv website on my Mac Firefox

• If I’m driving around, I’ll use TuneIn Radio on CarPlay

• If I’m cooking, cleaning up, I use TuneIn Radio on my Amazon Echo dot

1 Like

It depends on what I’m doing. If I’m parked on the couch, listen via my desktop pc in chrome or a shortcut for the audio only feed. If I’m up and cleaning or taking trash out I have my AfterShokz on & listening via my OnePlus 7 Pro. I usually use simple radio on android to stream twit live.

3 Likes

I watch live every weekend on my laptop, its my quite time.

2 Likes

Play the youtube stream in Daum’s PotPlayer (beats VLC for me, hands down), then I can pitch the audio up or down for Devil/Chipmunk effects. It’s…amusing.

1 Like

I listen on my Raspberry Pi 4. I don’t even know if that’s possible but it’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

3 Likes

Here’s my routine:

• Me: walks into my office
  • Me: “Alexa, turn on the Office”
  • Alexa: ding
  • Me: “ok Google, play TWiT LÄ«ve” (hard i)
  • Google: “playing twit live” (soft i)
  • Me: “It’s LÄ«ve, but thanks.”

I’ve found that Google’s stream is significantly ahead of Alexa’s, for some reason, and I try to be as close to real time as possible for IRC reasons. I also will pull up the Twitch stream on the Roku.

5 Likes

My Google Home and Home Mini do the same thing though… with the hard vs. soft i’s, that is.

2 Likes

I watch on TV on Roku on the youtube channel. I will stream the audio on road-trips if cellular is available. It’s not reliable enough to do so up here on the North Shore of Lake Superior, so I have to rely on reruns when I get home.

1 Like