Brush fires in NorCal

It’s 100 degrees here right now and a bit windy. I’m watching the news and one of the anchors just said “we’re hearing call after call for new brush fires on the scanner!!!” Yikes

As a resident I’m sure you’re already familiar, but I’d rely more on CalFire’s data on wildfires than the ravings of a hysterical local TV news media anchor - Incidents | CAL FIRE

Hope this season isn’t too tough on y’all.

1 Like

Thanks for the good wishes, most appreciated! Actually, the scanners they were talking about are from Cal Fire and Sac Fire etc

You can have some of our water, great parts of southern Germany are under water at the moment due to flooding, following heavy rain, with more forecast for the coming weekend.

Stay safe!

1 Like

I’m up here in Canada (Montreal in particular) and I’m bracing myself for the fire season. Last summer we had crazy smoke and PM2 particle levels.

1 Like

Many thanks - we have lots of water though - our last 2 years have been very wet, the snowpack has been huge and the reservoirs and rivers are all full

1 Like

best of luck this year

We don’t have Smokey the Bear to remind our citizens not to start forest fires. We need all the luck we can get (I know it’s not all caused by human, I’m just being a bit silly)

1 Like

I know what you mean!!!

I was looking at the weather app on my Android this morning that has an air quality layer. Zoomed out and there are yellow/amber/red areas in CA. Is this smoke already or is it something else?

1 Like

Around here, we drop from blue to green, when the air is “bad”… Our US office has an air quality of “Good, 48”, where I am doesn’t even have a number, just “very good”. I suspect the data collection in Germany is different to the US.

1 Like