Google Photos Sync Issue (Android)

Hey mods~ move this topic to a proper category if needed.

Hey all, i have the following issue : Pixel 3 on Android 11 unable to upload to Google Photos on Wifi, no problem when using mobile data.

Things i have done so far is

1. Uninstall and reinstall Google Photos, now at version 5.9.0.330564124

2. Remove and login in back to my google account from the Google Photos app.

3. Forget and reconnect wifi network.

4. Set both wifi network to unmetered connection

5. Stop VPN connection.

6. Reboot device

I can do a Settings>Backup > Pixel 3 Backup with no problem on the same wifi network, whether it is connected to vpn or not. All app except Google Photos can work with the same wifi.

This problem started after i updating my phone to Android 11

I have Android 11, so I tried reproducing this on my Pixel 3a but couldn’t. (Turned off data, took a photo, viewed it in Google Photos, then checked Google Photos on my tablet to see if it was there, and it was.) If you don’t find help here, I recommend getting with Google Support; I’ve found them very helpful in the past.

3 Likes

I have created a topic at google support forum, currently waiting for their reply.

In the mean time, I have also reset my base station and change both my 2.4 and 5 ghz channel. Which failed as well.

If by next week this is still occuring, I may have to do a system wipe for my Pixel 3 and I hope that works

So. this issue has been resolved.

What i did was a Reset Wifi, mobile & Bluetooth which did not work at first, followed by Reset app preferences.

admins. please close this. thank you

1 Like

Happy to hear that ya solved it :slight_smile: