Foldables? Selfies?

With all the hype these days about foldables, I wonder what one will think after forking out 2 grand, that selfies will be difficult if not impossible. Can you imagine one of these things on the end of a selfie stick.
Shooting movies will also become nearly impossible!

2 Likes

I am actually very excited to see how the Motorola Razr does. I have a Moto X4 and the photo/video interface is very well done. With the full out screen ending up taller than most phones, when the phone is in horizontal mode, it would allow for a full frame viewing without buttons/finger placement obscuring your view of the framed screen.

IF the early adopters find that the Razr does well, then I very well may save up to buy one. I just don’t trust it until I can buy it unlocked and outright as well as know that it won’t break in the first year.

I hate that I have to be consensus of how these large phones fit in my pants pockets before buying pants. Now they just need to make it so that I can dock it and get a full running Linux desktop on an external monitor and I will be all in.

1 Like

Anything would be better than my current device’s front-facing cam setup. It’s on the bottom bezel to the right so my palm covers it up unless I hold the device awkwardly. It’s also a crap angle so I have to hold the thing higher than normal to get any kind of decent result.

Manufacturers are doing weird stuff in the pursuit of low bezel displays. Hoping foldable displays will break the monotonous and uninspired hardware design funk we seem to be stuck in these days.

2 Likes

The selfie cam on the Huawei (sp) was just fine and easy to access in either mode when I held it at CES. I think the same can be said for the Samsung. Nope, I don’t want a foldable phone. I like that it’s a pocketable tablet, but I’m not racing to go get one.

1 Like