Feedback about whistling on radio show breaks

Leo, first THANK YOU for your years of Tech Guy shows. As much as I like to argue, you have saved me a minor fortune as well as saved me from losing all my data with your backup advice. If I hadn’t obeyed your 3-2-1 backup rule, I would have lost all my data many times.

Now, one polite request: PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP WHISTLING THROUGH YOUR TEETH INTO THE MIC DURING BREAKS. It is like listening to nails on a chalkboard. No other podcaster or radio broadcaster I know does this. It hurts my ears and my brain. If you wouldn’t do it on a Zoom call with 20 people listening, don’t do it on a radio show with a far greater audience. We podcast listeners hear you during breaks. I love the banter during breaks. The whistling-through-teeth is physically painful. Like I said, “nails on a chalkboard”.

I acknowledge that you have FAR more broadcasting experience than I do. In 1985, I was a DJ on my high school radio station (KSPB Radio, a 30-watt blowtorch in 1985. Yes, 30 watts, half the power of a small lightbulb). If I had whistled through my teeth into a hot mic while on the air, I can pretty well guarantee that I would have had a call from station management within 24hrs: “that thing you did; whistling into the mic? Don’t ever do that again!” :rofl: :sweat_smile: :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Looking forward to many more years of TWIT greatness.

1 Like

It’s, of course, only during the breaks. Not on the radio.

But if you’re listening live you’re hearing me mumble to myself during the breaks. I’ll turn off the mic so you can enjoy the canned music instead.

1 Like

I like the whistling :man_shrugging:

1 Like