Favourite Low Tech

Most everyone on this forum is intrigued with high tech. How about that low tech stuff that gets our interest.

Mine is my Kawasaki KLR650 I just rode about 80kms to the CFA (Country Fire Authority) brigade I volunteer at. We service extinguishers as a business to raise money. Great ride in crisp 12°C weather. No gadgets attached, phone safely zipped away, just me, the bike, and Australian fauna and flora all around.

3 Likes

Snorkeling! Some of the best snorkeling in the whole world here in Guam. All it takes is some SPF and a mask.

3 Likes

Bleacher seats in Death Valley Memorial Stadium

4 Likes

A Rhodia Notebook, Lamy 2000 Fountain pen and a Uni KURU TOGA 0.5mm Pencil.

The low tech iPad.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

So, tell those who don’t know (Yea, me), what team plays here.

1 Like

You just rang the bell!!

My favorite low tech is steam trains…

the vast knowledge to be gain through books (though I prefer to read on my iPad so I can’t escape tech)

2 Likes

Over the last several years I have been getting into growing things in my garden. Tomatoes, green beans, corn, squash, green peppers, onions, cabbage, asparagus, etc.

I always have an earbud in my ear listening to podcasts and audiobooks though.

1 Like

Hmmmm… homemade bread, cooking in general (I use pots and pans and an oven), reading books but usually on my iPad as previously stated and tending my flower beds! I also make home made cards but there is a lot of tech these days involved with that hobby!

1 Like

Lol! #CLEMSON Tigers

3 Likes

Erm, my feet? I like going for walks.

3 Likes

Definitely!

Plants - low tech, but also amazingly complex machines. Currently renting so I can’t do too much garden work, but I’m growing tomatoes, snack peppers and lettuce in the “greenhouse” (AKA the porch I’ve taken over). Nothing quite like picking your own produce to cook with.

3 Likes

Great response. Sooooo true

Definitely my road bicycle. For me nothing beats getting out for a long ride early onna Saturday morning.

4 Likes

I love the library, and usually real books.

4 Likes

About as low tech as it gets - I’m extremely fond of my breaker bar. It’s just a 25" lever with a socket attachment on the end. But cracking a super old stuck bolt is so satisfying!

2 Likes

Meet Romey. My registered Paint gelding. I don’t think you can get much lower tech than grass/hay in, poop out.

6 Likes

Nice thread; I’d go with my No. 5 Underwood – still tech, but definitely on the low end; great battery life (dependent mostly on how much caffeine I consume)…

4 Likes

Fountain pens and Tomoe River paper notebooks for me.

2 Likes