Do NOT Update your Windows Domain Controller or Hyper-V This Week!

I just read that this months patch Tuesday is causing issues with Domain controllers going into boot loops, and Hyper-V not starting.

It’s things like this why I always wait a week or so before updating the 3 systems I am responsible for. These bugs would have screwed me big time.

I’ll edit the post to add the link the story.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up.

“Luckily”, I am off work this week after an accident at work - the entrance to the offices was not gritted and I went down on my shoulder and head. Luckily no concussion, but strained muscles in the neck and bruising on head and shoulder… So I haven’t got around to updating the servers.

3 Likes

Get well soon! The servers, too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rough one.

My favorite GPO setting - “Defer Windows Updates.” We run our core systems on a 30 day lag.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that happened… hopefully you won’t be offended if I make light and say: is that the prototypical definition of a “happy accident”? :wink: Where one [minor] accident prevents a more serious one.

I’ve done my own tumbles on ice and one is very lucky to escape with minimal injury. Is ice normally a problem in your area (because of course it’s pretty common here in Canada and I wonder if this is another consequence of climate change.)

3 Likes

Oh crap! Get better soon

1 Like

get well soon, sir :fist_right:t5:

1 Like

We get a proper winter each year, with ice and snow, and winter tyres (as opposed to studded ice tyres) are a legal requirement - if you don’t have them on your vehicle, when it is icy or it snows, you will get a fine, if you hold up other traffic, the fine is doubled, AFAIK, and, if you are involved in an accident, you are automatically at fault).

It is also a legal requirement to clear snow and ice from the driveway and the sidewalk in front of your property. I don’t know what will happen to my employer - fines etc.

But the medical bills go through their insurance and not the normal medical insurance. I already had to fill out an accident report for the workers compensation board.

I managed to get some stronger painkillers yesterday, the Ibuprofen wasn’t doing anything and I couldn’t sleep more than a few hours. Managed 6 hours, before the new meds stopped working, got up at 4, took another dose and managed to sleep through until 8.

Thanks for the warm wishes everyone.

4 Likes