We’re all aware of the downsides. Let’s collect the good sides for a while - not to distract or diminish, just as a reflection on gratitude. Ten things I am grateful for, from my end:
- Air pollution is way down, air smells and feels nice and clean; wildlife unaffected / returning.
- City, country, world has calmed down.
- Neighbourhood appears as a quiet, collected, focused, and friendly group of people.
- World feels “more synchronised” and integrated than just three months ago.
- Voices of knowledgeable specialists are shaping policy again.
- We seem more able to discern conspiracies from more probably accurate views.
- There are many examples of good leadership when it counts.
- Previously lower status jobs are moving up in appreciation - however little that may mean.
- There appears to be a growing sense of community instead of egoism during crisis.
- If we manage to do this together, maybe we can tackle even more challenging things together?
What are some observations you are grateful for?