ATG 1981: You Biggie, Me Smallie

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

I want to assure you that if you listen to apple music through an Atmos enable sound system, it will play through specific channels to take full advantage of your sound system. And when I pull up the signal information going to my receiver (I have a Yamaha RX-V6A), it will say it’s getting an Atmos 5.1.2 signal. If the next song isn’t a spatial song, the receiver will indicate whatever signal it’s getting, then switch back to Atmos for the next spatial song.

If you’re not getting spatial (Atmos) audio, it is because of how your system is configured. Unfortunately, there are no instructions for the correct configuration. And if you’re wondering, it did not work for me right out of the box (so to speak) for me either. I’m sure you’ll figure it out eventually, then get disappointed because it’s kind of creepy to have specific sound coming down from the ceiling.

Personally, I would like it if spatial audio would be recorded so it sounds like you are listening to music at an intimate venue, kind of like when you use DSP, but instead of corny processing. I want it to sounds like you are listening live with sound bouncing off the ceiling and walls around you.