Apple Charge Card

I just love the visibility of the Apple Charge Card system. My wife and I use it as a debit card paying it every Sunday while out for brunch. Apple is locking us into their ecosystem with Apple Pay, the watch and the phone.

2 Likes

My problem with the Apple Card is that the rewards aren’t great. Amazon offers 5% back on all purchases for Prime members, including Apple hardware if you have their card. I suppose that if you spend a lot of money in the App Store it might be worth it.

3 Likes

Up to 3%, but the Apple Card also has ZERO fees😊 - you have to pay for Amazon Prime…plus you get the Apple Cash back daily!!!

3 Likes

I did like the activation process for the physical card; no more calling in and inputting the card number. It was painless. I don’t care as much that the card is Titanium but I do like that there are no numbers on it. Though, I imagine other cards offer that feature. I have an Apple Watch along with an iPhone; for places that accept Apple Pay, its pretty sweat to be able to use the Watch and not have to pull out my phone or wallet.

I know one is able to make online purchases in Safari against the card but I wonder if other browsers are supported? I don’t use Safari as much; I’m a Firefox user most of the time.

1 Like

Yes, I did sacrifice the Amazon Card for convenience of changing credit card numbers and instant visibility. Someone got our Amazon card number and had to cancel and get a new one. An ordeal for sure. I guess I will never be rich! :slight_smile:

I have found the Apple Card to be extremely convenient. All charges are listed right there immediately and I can pay the balance quickly. I don’t have to open an app or log into a website. I used to use my check card or privacy.com more than CCs to keep from unwittingly running up a balance and Apple card has essentially replaced using the check card for me.

Amazon may be better for Amazon and I may eventually get one. I really should use my other cards more for their points or miles but I can’t resist the convenience of Apple CC.
The only thing I don’t like is that I can’t easily log into my wife’s account and pay her CC bill. I have to borrow her phone once in a while, check the balance, and pay on her phone. She could do that but usually I do all of the bills. With other cards I just monitor her accounts.

So Apple or Goldman need to get some kind of web login going eventually.

I think I need to work on my credit Apple denied me

I was wondering, do you have your credit scores locked? I do and had to unlock it and reapply.

You should have access to a letter that says why. That’s your business but it’ll help you figure out what changes to make so you can re-apply in 6-12 months. Credit Karma is free and can be helpful.

No my credit scores are not locked my credit got messed up in the divorce but I’m slowly building it back up I was hoping it was enough for apple credit card but I need to work on it more