App for garden catalogue

My wife is sorting through a big drawer of tags for the plants in our garden. She wants to be able to make a list of what we have and where it is in the garden.

Most of the apps I’ve found so far can help with planning a garden or identifying plants, but none seem to catalogue the actual garden.

Has anyone any ideas about an app that can do this? iPad, Android, Windows, I’m not that fussed about the platform, just the functionality.

Long term, I am looking to switch to iPhone from Android, so cross-platform would be useful.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this helps, but it’s worth a try: Airtable is sort of a database and sort of a spreadsheet, and it’s really easy to use. I use it for keeping records of things and planning out stuff. A catalog is kind of database, so maybe? Airtable is cross platform.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have a look at it.

1 Like

That was easy… was quick to set up and a doddle to create a table for my wife.

Only thing is, the app kept asking me to log back in. If it does that when my wife uses it, she will throw the iPad out the window! Hopefully it was a one off.

1 Like

That’s weird! That hasn’t happened to me.

I haven’t tried it but Baserow purports to be an open-source alternative to Airtable and it can be self-hosted.

1 Like