Where should All About Android Arena polling take place? (POLL)

Hey everyone! Each week, we hold a vote for everyone’s favorite app from the Arena on the show. We’ve bounced between so many different online polling platforms. Currently, we are using Crowdsignal which means anyone can place a vote without the need to create an account or log into an account. But these forums are pretty awesome, and more importantly, controlled by us. I’m open to exploring the idea of hosting the Arena poll here, but I’m concerned that it might affect participation numbers. SOOOOOO, what better way to test the waters than to create a poll! :slight_smile:

QUESTION: Which is your preferred method of polling for the Arena?

• Host the poll here in the forums (requires account)
  • Host the poll on Crowdsignal (no account needed)

0 voters

3 Likes

Can you tell how many people participate in the Crowdsignal polls, @JasonHowell? What’s the average?

1 Like

You might have to also post this poll on Crowdsignal, so those who do not have an account here can vote on whether they wish to create an account here for future polls. :grinning:

7 Likes

Yup, good point.
Annnnd yada yada ads yada to get these minimum characters in

1 Like

200ish, give or take.

2 Likes

I am sure that response will drop at first, but it will help to drive people here so it might help overall.

1 Like

Good call, I will do that as well… and then I suppose, combine the numbers?

1 Like

Excellent

Yada yada yada tada

Although… if I keep it to here and blast it out on tomorrow’s show, I’d get a sense of just how many people might be inclined to open up an account here in order to participate…

2 Likes

With that in mind, I’d change my vote to Discourse if I could but I don’t see how… :thinking:

Best idea, I think!!!

2 Likes

I remember how interactive the polls were in Google Plus. Everyone felt like participating and sharing their thoughts. If you can get back to that I’m game.

1 Like

It might be a little easier to host the poll on the community. Since I have an account I don’t have to remember the URL to vote.

1 Like

So @jason, you can count one of those votes for the Crowdsignal system as actually for the TWiT.community system instead. When I voted originally I was voting for the system that would get the most participants, but then I realized that’s not necessarily Crowdsignal, so that’s why I asked about the participants numbers. I actually prefer this system.

1 Like

It was easier for me to vote in Google+ and now I often forget to go find the poll after listening to the show. I would enjoy having the poll here so I hope the other AAA fans do too.

4 Likes

I will just go wherever to vote, so, Whateves.

1 Like

Why not run polls on both in parallel for a while, and combine the results, until it’s clear where the greatest audience engagement is?

1 Like

I feel like hosting the poll on two platforms would skew the numbers because people could vote twice.

1 Like

Haha! the one downside to the poll here about where to post the poll is everyone who can vote on this poll already has a forum account.:thinking: :joy:

@JasonHowell or @ronxo did mention on Tuesday’s AAA that anyone who didn’t want to create an account here could vote in this poll by sending an email to aaa@twit.tv

1 Like