What do you use?

Fellow photographers I am returning to photography after taking some time off and was curious about the types of hardware and software other people are using and what it’s capable of. I currently use GIMP and Dark Table on desktop and mostly Snapseed and VSCO on mobile and at times using specific app for any specific purpose. Some people swear by Adobe and some have moved on to Affinity. I have recently been looking into trying film photography and realized there is so much cool stuff to explore.

Please post a picture and state the type hardware (camera, filters, etc) and software used to create your photo.

This was taken with an LG mobile phone. (It was a while back). Edited with Snapseed and VSCO.

This was taken with a Canon 60d. Edited with Lightroom prior to me switching to Linux.

2 Likes

This was taken using a Canon 60d and Dark Table was used to edit. I’m still learning it.

3 Likes

Adobe suite user here for the most part (photo and video). But, I also have other products I use from time to time. Just not often. I have Capture One, Luminar, Affinity Photo (for ipad and desktop), Snapseed.

1 Like

Fellow Adobe Suite user here. I am Lightroom on iPadOS all day everyday. The screen is great (and color accurate), and it provides the most pleasant editing experience for me.

1 Like

To be honest I am thinking about going back to windows to use more the conventual tools but free and open source is working for me at the moment.

1 Like

Nice shot. I’m digging the fog. I’d probably turn down the highlights a bit to deal with the glare, but that’s just me.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I couldn’t figure out how to address it in Dark Table. I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

Because of my inexperience in Dark Table I actually kicked this picture to Snapseed to finish as a crutch

I used to use Lightroom, but switched to Capture One when I got my Sony (was included with the camera). I also have Photoshop Elements and Affinity Photo.

But, I would say around 1% of my shots get any post processing, other than cropping.

2 Likes