WeChat keeps banning Chinese Americans for talking about Hong Kong

I find this hardly surprising.

“Tencent, with operations in the U.S., has been systematically engaging in censoring public opinions, suppressing dissidents, violating free speech rights of American citizens and hindering American democracy,” he wrote.

I thought that the right to free speech was protected from U.S. Government interference, any platform has the right to allow or disallow what it likes, or have I misunderstood the 1st Amendment? Tencent and WeChat is not a US Government organ and is not acting on behalf of the US Government, so it is not required to uphold the 1st Amendment.

In the United States, freedom of speech and expression is strongly protected from government restrictions by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, many state constitutions, and state and federal laws. The Supreme Court of the United States has recognized several categories of speech that are given lesser or no protection by the First Amendment and has recognized that governments may enact reasonable time, place, or manner restrictions on speech. The First Amendment’s constitutional right of free speech, which is applicable to state and local governments under the incorporation doctrine, only prevents government restrictions on speech, not restrictions imposed by private individuals or businesses unless they are acting on behalf of the government.