WARNING: twit.tv is currently blocked by popular blocklist osid.nl

@Leo @admins Not sure this is the best place to post, but twit.tv is being blocked by popular blocklist osid.nl. The source appears to be a podcast list from http://shallalist.de. Suspect a misconfiguration, and reported the false positive here oisd | FP report

First noticed this at 1700 Eastern time today. osid is one of the popular blocklists available through NextDNS, which is how I wound up with problem.

3 Likes

Looks like the list has already been updated. Added them to my PiHole and twit.tv is still working.

I’ve successfully removed something from that list before, they responded within a few hours.

It was actually the S3 gateway for wasabi if I remember correctly, so they removed it without question.

1 Like

Ah, Stephan from osid got back to me in about 2 hrs after my report. Just saw his email. Great service there.

I guess with all the block lists, its surprising there aren’t more problems. :slight_smile: I remember last year the website of a brewery in my home town was once blocked by osid. They cleared that up too, in a few days.

4 Likes

I’ll be honest, the use of blocklists is one of the reasons I don’t use NextDNS. It’s just easier for me to manage locally with an adblocker.

I think there will always be false positives in these things. Using a network wide tool like a pinhole or nextdns allows you to make sure that the kids are protected too (whether they want to be or not!)

I really appreciate the report and follow-up. Thanks for getting us unblocked!

1 Like

Happy I could help!

The reason appears to be that osid, or an upstream list that they use, added shallalist.de’s list of podcast domains. I presume it was a mistake, but cleared up anyway. Cheers!