There was an error loading the podcast. (MBW Club TWiT Extra Christmas Decorations)

Your MBW Club TWiT Extra show with Burke seemingly decorating the video as you went sounded so much fun that I wanted to take a look. Sadly, I could not access the video version of the podcast. Here’s what I tried:

• Went to my old Club TWiT Email
  • Clicked the link to access the links to the podcasts
  • Scanned the QR code the page generates for PocketCasts
  • “There was an error…”
  • Forwarded the URL to my mobile and searched for that in PocketCasts
  • Found the podcast, clicked on it
  • “There was an error…”

Any help greatly appreciated - in need of some festive spirits! :slight_smile:

If you’re in the Discord there’s a Help channel that is more likely to be helpful than here. I really have no idea!

1 Like

You provided the needed inspiration: you made me remember that in 9 of of 10 times, some blocker/tracker combination is to blame. It worked instantly when I bypassed my PiHole by going through mobile internet. My fault - sorry!

Btw: it was all worth it. The studio looks lovely! :slight_smile:

Nothing via Club TWiT has trackers, so I wonder what the PiHole didn’t like. I do know we were briefly erroneously on a block-list (osid.nl)

But I thought it had been fixed.

1 Like

It works now and I cannot reproduce the error, even through the PiHole. It also did not report having blocked anything related at that time. Maybe there simply was some random thing stuck someplace. In hindsight, the likeliest cause is some misconfiguration on my side… thank you for stopping by and looking into it, however! :slight_smile: :christmas_tree:

Maybe you picked up the previous blocking which was stuck in the version of the block lists you then had. Then you checked into it, probably refreshed something, and the block lists got updated again and the problem went away, having then become transient.

2 Likes

Possibly. My PiHole was outdated, for sure. I added the update command to my crontab which might be a good idea in any case.