Useless Poll of the Day - How many of you are into Youtube?

Ya the only downer about the YouTube Premium sub is that you pay to get rid of ads and now many influencers and YT Stars just make their own integrated ads so now we just have less ads than anyone else…:thinking:

1 Like

I don’t have an account, and run ad-blockers so I never see ads on YouTube because otherwise it would be so insanely annoying as to be useless. Since I don’t have an account, I don’t subscribe to anything, just remember the two or three things I have so far found interesting.

I occasionally check in on the 8-bit guy https://www.youtube.com/user/adric22 and Technology Connections https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy0tKL1T7wFoYcxCe0xjN6Q and watch some of Colbert’s monologues https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMtFAi84ehTSYSE9XoHefig and have watched some random puzzle solving videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MrTricksforfun

2 Likes

I watch a couple of people who do German blogs, Wanted Adventure, which is Dana Newman, who moved to Germany (over Czech) from Florida, and Don’t Trust the Rabbit, which can be very funny.

I also watch the very irreverent John Cadogan, an Aussie auto journalist and leasing expert (Autoexpert TV channel). Very funny, but very NSFW. He usually does a round-up of his nuts (idiot commentors), his cock of the week (biggest idiot) who used to get awarded a King Dick (big spanner/wrench - the manufacturer found the segment so funny, he actually gave his blessing to it).

1 Like

You might enjoy Techmoan if you like Technology Connections.

2 Likes

DIY, Mostly when I am asked to repair something I have never worked on. There are many video’s on youtube that give good directions for doing a lot of things. I watch some funny stuff too, when I have time.

2 Likes

I don’t make much time for YT but I did watch some of his stuff… Thanks for the pointer.

1 Like

Love the Useless Polls. Keep um coming!

3 Likes

My wife and I are thinking about cutting the cord, we currently have Hulu, Netflix, Prime. Also would like to get Disney for the kids when it starts. Anyone have any recommendations about cutting the cord, do you like it don’t like it?

1 Like

I like having cut the cord, but when I cut the cord, it wasn’t just getting rid of traditional cable TV service. I got rid of Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube Red, and all other subscription services. I have a lot of media, which I have bought over the years, and I watch those things, a lot of podcasts, and free Youtube. Apple gave me the free year of TV+, but I haven’t watched anything.

2 Likes

You are hard core…kudos! I live out in the sticks and would go nuts without our streaming services. We were going to finally cut the chord (in the traditional sense, just getting rid of our basic cable) but the way our telecom’s bundles are structured, we’d only save $10 a month, and the channels we still watch (news/docs) are still worth that to us. But good on you for ditching your cable. It must have felt very “freeing” $$$ :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, it was. I am really hard core. I sold or gave away almost everything I owned, and am traveling the world as minimalist. I carry 13.3 kilos, which includes the clothes I am wearing. Of that 3.2 kilos is tech gear :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You’re my new spirit animal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool! I love your blog. I like to think if I weren’t married, I’d live the vagabond lifestyle myself.

2 Likes

Wow, that is the first time I have been called a Spirit Animal.

Here is the view from my front door, in Arequipa, Peru.

7 Likes

You checked out my blog?

2 Likes

I’ve been slowly switching to all BitChute. Anyone else?

1 Like

yes, you’re a great writer. It makes me want to wander.

2 Likes

The poll did not have an entry for my situation. I have actually put more video on YouTube than I have seen produced by other people. I have 7,500 subscribers and thousands of videos, many of which are full length concerts.

1 Like

I usually only watch YouTube on occasion for how to videos, when I want to learn about something or how to do something. Other than that I’m not watching much on it.

2 Likes

Since I have more or less abandoned Facebook, I’ve replaced it with time on reddit and YouTube. Youtube premium is so worth it.

3 Likes