TWIG 606: 2222 to Toulouse

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

I’m surprised @ant_pruitt and @JasonHowell have had such a bad experience with Soli. For me the swiping worked 95% of the time, pausing a bit less, but I used to skip songs all the time when my phone was on the charging stand in front of me. I actually miss that feature now that I’m on the Pixel 5.

I wonder if it has to do with gesture speed and distance, I would just casually swing my hand in front, like telling someone to “go away” or “come here”, and it always worked.

1 Like

A “feature” that specific (for accurate function) is not a feature at all… it’s an experiment. I think that is still how Soli exists inside of Google. They’re still trying to figure out where the value lies with it (if anywhere.) The current experiment is sleep tracking after the phone navigation one apparently wasn’t very successful.

1 Like

nice. I wish it was that consistent for me. Would be rather convenient :slight_smile:

THX for watching

1 Like

Ant

You recommended the LumaCare Duo for pain relief. I went to the website to check it out for my wife. It looks like it is intended for health professionals for treatment of multiple patients. In addition, the cost is $835/month for 3 months! (Almost $2500) That could pay for years of OTC pain relievers. Am I missing something? Did I miss some further explanation on the podcast? Please help me. Thank you

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know who that would be for unless it’s for pro athletes, medical pros, or just patients who’ve tried all other pain relief methods with no relief (like fibromyalgia patients?)

Anyway, it doesn’t seem like it’s for regular people.

1 Like

Yeah it’s roughly $2K. It can be used as a personal device. My body took a beating from heavy lifting as well as joint replacement. I’ve had some secondary experience with opioid addiction as well as liver problems. (secondary as in people close to me have had the battles) There are other options available for about $400. My family has also used this one. Similar but you don’t get the articulating arms. I think both are worth their pricing based on the medical costs associated with fighting pain or addiction. Thx for watching TWIG :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ant_pruitt Have you ever tried or looked into e-stim products like PowerDot? I am hearing more and more about this from non-pro athletes using them for recovery and pain relief.

1 Like

Or just a simple TENS machine. My mother used one for her muscle spasms related to a recovery from a car accident. Here in Canada we have ads on TV for a branded machine by “Dr. Ho” but I think there are many generic ones on Amazon US. ( Amazon.com : tens unit muscle stimulator ) I used to see a chiropractor because of back pain from bad posture, and basically he was charging me $20 a visit to put me on a TENS machine for 20 minutes.

2 Likes

I’ve not, but I also co-sign regarding TENS units. I have a couple we use for recovery and pulls