TTG 1697 for Saturday 23 May 2020

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

A nice show, as always. There’s no way to do it without a functioning clock LOL But seriously, this is such an irony. As much as @Leo loves clocks, they seem to be all after him…

If I went the science-fiction route, I could say, there’s some electromagnetic radiation that is causing these issues: the atomic clock is off every few days, the converter for the camera died, the PiDP was just hanging there yesterday, and now, the ZNC server also went down. Conspiracy-theory lovers may have a lot to talk about LOL

And on a more serious note, too bad that the caller didn’t mention what error they were getting in Entourage. It could be tons of things. The chatroom covered some possible connection issues, but that could also be a corrupted database, which could be rebuilt by holding the Option key while opening Entourage. Hard to say.

For future reference, neither Entourage nor Outlook for Mac use .PST files to store messages. The latter saves each message in a separate file, so that Spotlight can index it, and creates a SQLite database to store metadata. Outlook for Mac also uses EWS instead of MAPI over HTTP, which is the case for the Windows version, to connect to Exchange accounts.

Anyways, I can’t wait for today’s show. And I wonder what the clock says this time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am listening to this show right now…

In the 1st hour, there was a caller who had a friend whose email was being redirected after it was hacked…

Leo talked about credit card passwords needing to be changed, but he never answered the guy’s real question… About who to contact to solve his email problem,: Bell South, Yahoo or AT&T… I thought he’d keep talking after the commercial break, but he didn’t.