The Tyranny of Artificial Intelligence!

Big Tech wants to improve AI. Think we are the “guinea pigs”. Change is always happening. But Big Tech has pushed us too far.
Been really frustrated with Microsoft, Google and Apple making changes that I do not want. Sometimes I can disable them but often I can not. Small changes like Safari adding often used shortcuts on my Safari app on iPad. I have all the shortcuts I want. Also big changes like adding categories to my contacts. so I have no idea if a contact is a duplicate. Another big issue is saving history. Microsoft has made their Windows 10 not usable. I can no longer save to my desktop. Microsoft has hijacked my whole system. They moved to cloud computing and were deceptive in the explanations. I am retired and have no tech department. . Mobile can be simpler but does NOT give access to many important settings.Would be nice if Tech stopped telling us how wonderful your user experience if we all used the AI. Think we all would be happier if Big Tech listened to their users!

3 Likes

Those last two sentences hit home for me. I think that Tech should approach the potential threats of AI differently, too. Most importantly imo, the course of AI development will depend heavily on who owns it, and who owns the research going into it. I.e., until AI somehow becomes self-sustaining without human support, it’s up to humans, specifically its owners and developers, who are responsible for the direction of AI.

3 Likes