The Photo Thread: Week of 2019-11-03

i really I am trying to stay away from Adobe. Lightroom drew me in for photo management, but I have tried not to use their art program for, what is I guess, a silly reason. My all time favorite program for art was Altamira. Adobe bought it and killed it, while never integrating its ease of use into their own products. I will check out this Adobe Fresco and see if maybe it has the ghost of Altamira.

2 Likes

These 2 were taken with my old Canon EOS550D and Sigma 28-250mm lens, with a tripod. It was my first experiment of shooting at night with the tripod. It was incredibly windy, so I am impressed with how stable the images came out. the disturbance in the water is a side channel pouring into the main river. One with a slow exposure and one with a slightly shorter exposure (and therefore darker image).
They were taken late in the evening, when it was nearly pitch black to the eye.

6 Likes

so MOODY. I love these, bro

yeah the camera won’t see exactly what we see. Our eyes are more sophisticated. We can try, but we will have to make it match in post in most instances. But I also mentioned that sometimes what we see is an influence of emotion. Speaking from personal experience. I shoot something and have an emotion at the click of the shutter. I translate that into post. Sometimes it’s TOTALLY different from what’s there in reality. Sometimes it’s not.

2 Likes

Quick snap. In town this evening getting my MBP checked out by the Genius Bar. OnePlus 6 with Night Mode ƒ/1.7 1 sec 4.25 mm ISO1600, Google Photos auto-enhance. Bit shaky as hand-held with a heavy MBP under my arm :grinning:

Riverside, Reading, Berkshire, UK

11 Likes

May I ask? You say it was a bit shaky…where in this photo am I supposed to see this? It looks as sharp as anything!

Or were YOU the one that was shaking a bit but stabilization took it away? Sorry, I’m confused and trying to learn!

1 Like

I meant me! :joy: I usually try to brace myself for this type of shot, but the software did a good job :+1:t2:

1 Like

It did an amazing job! I love cityscapes, especially colorful night ones. This one is fantastic! Great job!

1 Like

Taken on iPhone X from my chair in my home office

4 Likes

What an incredible capture! I love the reflection on the water :slight_smile:

1 Like

View from my windshield this morning

5 Likes

Too cold for me!!!

Looking at this, pretty impressive. There’s a light source in the foreground, but it hasn’t under-exposed the sky outside :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Shot this after dinner last night. Just a quick snap.

5 Likes

The joys living in a four seasons climate. Average high temp for today is 50, but…

1 Like

That’s the kind of shot that Luminar would do some incredible stuff too.

1 Like

Sony a6000, Lightroom Classic

9 Likes

D’aww. Interesting lighting on the face though… like it picked up some extra green/yellow above the nose.

1 Like

@PHolder Guilty as charged!

2 Likes

Fuji X100T, edited in Lightroom on my iPad.

5 Likes