The Photo Thread: Week of 09-19-2021

Been a nice afternoon here walking on the downs. Our Spaniel has been in the wars, so walks on the lead only for a while.

9 Likes

Greetings from a weekend trip to Regensburg on Dandube. The third picture is of Wallhalla, a late German Emperor’s idea of paying homage to noteworthy people in a temple of sorts.

7 Likes

Interesting walk, underneath the wind turbines. They are…huge :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Been baby sitting a Boxer puppy. Whew, it’s exhausting.

6 Likes

Went to a local farm recently with my iPhone 12 Pro Max and an old entry-level Nikon D3000 with the 18-55 kit lens.

3 Likes

I suppose the brighter one is the Nikon? The other appears more saturated and generally tuned to social media sharing while the less saturated one seems more neutral and “as is”. Fun game! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m assuming these are out-of-camera jpegs, not the result of processing RAWs, and I’m guessing the first one is the phone.

It would be interesting to see the same comparison shooting RAW and manually processing.

@carbonga @Zak Yes, the first is from the iPhone. If it doesn’t rain I’ll be back there today and will try shooting RAW with both cameras. Don’t get your hopes up, though, I’ll probably just edit the photos in the iPad Photos app. I’ve had Pixelmator Photo for a while but haven’t had time to really apply myself.

@carbonga It is funny that you note the iPhone image appears “more saturated and tuned to social media” because many people over the years have complained that Apple’s photos lack “pop” and “punch” compared to Samsung and Google.

Fisherman at sunset on Port Noarlunga Jetty.

Taken on a Canon EOS M50 with standard kit lens.

9 Likes

This is phenomenal. Both the composition and what the kit gear produced. Congrats!

3 Likes

Thank you! Pad pad pad

1 Like

Playing around with the new iPhone:

Couldn’t quite nail the focus on the eyes.

4 Likes

Watching over the city

3 Likes

Awww, macro looks nice! Hope this comes to the next Galaxy!

Greetings from the Baltic Sea! On the beach near Kampen on Sylt. First one works as a phone background.

1 Like