The Photo Thread: Week of 08-29-2021

Before Sunrise @ St Pete Pier by Dee Bantz, on Flickr

9 Likes

While trying to diagnose some problems with my Pixel2XL camera (it’s crashing a lot and producing tiny 100K picture files instead of full resolution ones) I made a backup of the files. Among them, I came across this picture of the Grand Canyon from before Covid in late April 2019. This is straight off the phone, with no tweaks, just a resize. It was late in the day at 6:23pm.

7 Likes

Found these guys hiding out in our lawn chair storage box.

7 Likes

Found two interesting looking, art-infused, seemingly abandoned houses on a walk this weekend.

9 Likes

Vacationing on a lake in New Hampshire, and I sat long enough to capture the bald eagle living here in mid-flight. Tweaks made in Lightroom.

10 Likes

Path through a lush, almost autumnal park on a rainy day.

7 Likes

A walk through a clover field this evening.

7 Likes

Philly suburbs hit pretty hard by Ida remnants. Took a walk around my town the morning after and snapped these

6 Likes

:tickets:

5 Likes

Here’s a pair of photos to possibly close out the week’s thread. I took these last Sunday in Delaware, near Fenwick Island. I sent them to a friend who had to tell me I’d captured a double rainbow… !

7 Likes

I remember Rain - we had it here in Northern California before climate change and the drought!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, our August was pretty much all rain. It’s interesting how whatever climate change turns out to be is different from region to region. Couple of weeks ago I was reminded that should the cake really hit the fan, Europe might be much, much cooler due to a disappearing gulf steam. While that would help us reach the 2 degree goal, it will likely bite us in the backside in other ways.

Yeah. But since that particular fate is kind of sealed anyways, let’s buckle up, try to be as responsible as seems prudent, and see where life takes us.

2 Likes

exactly so - It is what it is at this point

1 Like

One of the little joys of summer is finding frogs like this around the yard.