SN 781: SpiKey (missing?)

I got the podcast this morning, but the autopost for the topic hasn’t turned up…

Anyway, the bit about RDP and the only security is a strong password is not quite true. A terminal server will use the AD and group policies, so you can enforce the use of a smartcard, for example, as second factor. We used to use that at a previous employer. All employees worked on the terminal server and had a thin client or PC with smart card reader and a smart card. Without the card, they couldn’t log onto their RDP session.

1 Like

It eventually showed up, it seems:

1 Like

Is Steve aware that Remote Utilities is Russian with its Headquarters are in Moscow from what I can see.

Their website is very quiet about who and where they are. I can understand why as propaganda does effect sales. These are the only details I came across on their site making them look like they are in the US.

Other sites display the actual company location in the Russian Federation, e.g. https://www.capterra.com/p/163191/Remote-Utilities/

This may or may not be an issue for some. It’s fine for me as all governments are unfortunately spying on us and I am of a lot less interest to Russia than my own government. We will have to wait and see if Steve’s IP starts posting Pro Trump Facebook posts! :laughing: