Photo Thread: Week 1/31/2021

I will definitely check out this spot again.

10 Likes

Loving it! There is just something magical about some trees and the spaces they inhabit. Its interesting how you can almost attribute a certain personality to them.
(Old shot below)

6 Likes

Ooh impromptu tree theme :grin:

Strangely took this random photo on a walk with the family today of a mighty tree in a nearby estate.

6 Likes

This one’s on top of a Bronze Age burial mound :flushed:

7 Likes

This is not taken by me but Niko Laurila a photographer from Finland. This is on of the best pictures of a pine tree I have ever seen.

6 Likes

Picture from last summer in cottage.

7 Likes

So true. So true. Love this framing on your shot

1 Like

Looks like that tree is saying “VICTORY” :fist_right:t5:

WOW. the GLOW on this one

that tree is tiny. :wink:

…

Dialing in.
OK @ant_pruitt , what can I do to improve this self-portrait?

2 Likes

Selective adjustment to bring you out more. A vignette is a good start, but slightly decreasing the background exposure and a lil more background blur would help separate you from the background. Good cropping.
Now. . .can ya make me a cup with heavy cream? :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, and yes, I can make that! :blush:

1 Like

In case anyone’s interested in the equipment

3 Likes

I want one of these, but I keep spending money on other “stuff” :man_facepalming:t5:

2 Likes

The machine looks lovely and I am sure the coffee is great. Thinking of the price of the equipment and the counter top space needed, I am glad, however, that my coffee palate never reached beyond copious amounts of simple filter coffee. It’s quite the rabbit hole to go down into once you get started, it seems. :slight_smile:

Heavy winds and snow (50mph winds, -7°C / 19°F). The front of our house was less than 1cm deep, due to the heavy winds, but walk into the lee of the next house and it was about 30cm deep.

The photo is of the main road at the end of our street. The lee of the bush on the right, you can still see pavement, but it is up to 30cm deep out in the street. 5:38 in the morning.

6 Likes

Another image that looks like a book cover :heart_eyes:

Yes, you have to be willing to spend the money as these machines are expensive. It took me several years to make the decision to buy them (the espresso machine and grinder are commercial grade).

I do love the product though. :blush:

1 Like