OnePlus and security updates

It’s a shame. OnePlus were doing well keeping up with security updates and things looked positive for Android 10, but they are struggling again.

The Android 10 update (for the 6/6T) was released and quickly pulled again. For me it broke loads, so I went back to 9.

I assume with the focus on 10, they’ve also dropped the ball on security updates. Mine is stuck at August. People I know can’t use a OnePlus to access work systems, as the MDM refuses to allow them to connect 'cos their security patch level doesn’t meet the rules set by admins. Why can’t phone manufacturers just release the monthly security update in isolation for all their supported phones?

Time to look at a Pixel 3A I think. I’m in the US for a few weeks, are the Pixels in stores SIM-free or are they carrier-locked?

1 Like

If you need to keep your android patch level up to date then pixel seems to be the only option. Pixel 3a is in the black Friday sale on the UK Google store, unlocked. Be quick!

If you need to keep your android patch level up to date then pixel seems to be the only option.

Does seem that way, unfortunately. Decided to buy some photography gear instead :grinning:, will see if OnePlus sort themselves out.