New (to me) lens

Just got a Viltrox mount converter so I can mount an EF/EF-S lens on my EF-M mount camera. Mounted a 55-250mm lens on and my M50 looks almost comically small in comparison to the lens and almost tripled in weight. I bought the lens cheap, used. Was in almost mint condition so I am pleased with it.

Did a test shot of my peace lily. Was on very slow shutter and handheld, so could have been sharper.

6 Likes

Very nice. Getting things steady for slow shutter speeds gets more difficult each year.

When I was younger, I made some night shots with the camera hand held (1 - 3 seconds) and they were relatively clear. These days, I just can’t hold it steady enough.

I bought a remote for my Sony, so that I don’t have to press the shutter release, when it is on the tripod - some night shots last year, with tripod were slightly blurred dude to pressing the shutter release.

2 Likes

Not that anyone asked, but the Apple Watch camera app comes in handy a few times a year as a remote shutter button. It can also be helpful for lining up a shot when the screen is too high/low/far to see the screen to check the framing.

2 Likes

The Canon app can be used as a remote shutter, but often I find it easier to put the camera on a three second timer!

1 Like