Nav bar problem- Is this a feature or bug?

I’m on Windows 10 and Firefox, this just started.

1 Like

I also have it in Google Chrome and in the Dolphin browser on my phone. It floats. Yet, when I try to use the menu on that floating bar, it goes away or flicker about 85% of the time.

Haven’t seen that one myself, W10 w/ Credge and Credge Beta.

I am in Firefox, and I am seeing a wonky header, so I wonder if it’s related?

Same “floating” header bar on iOS Discourse Hub app. Someone’s idea of an improvement?

Also, suddenly, the number of new subjects and notification of message related to user when opening the app has disappeared.

Both occurred in last day or so, but no app update noted on iPhone.

Using Windows 10 and have it running as it’s own app via chrome and doesn’t appear to be experiencing this issue. I’m on the beta channel in Chrome though.

1 Like

It’s no longer flashing and works 100% of the time for me - but it stays there as I scroll. And, it blocks my reading. So, my scroll speed has to change, so I avoid where that bar sits all the time.

I don’t like it at all

It sits right where I would normally be reading the posts

I am finding that I hate this new nav bar

1 Like

This is the feedback thread to report bugs on right?

Any idea about this issue? @PHolder

I’ve never encountered the floating that you depicted, and I still have the wonky offset. I am using the “Vincent” (mostly dark) theme, you appear to be using the default theme “Light”. I can only suggest a couple of things. Perhaps try clearing your cache in case anything odd got cached along the way. This site is hosted and I believe they regularly update the Discourse app. Also, try changing to a different theme temporarily, to see if the problem follows, and if it doesn’t then change back and see if maybe that somehow drives it off.

I know that’s not terribly helpful, but also we haven’t had loads of people complaining, so it seems it has to be operating mostly acceptably for most people.

Edit: I will note that last night I had a problem with one specific thread not showing the second line (where the category and tags are) which caused me to think they were missing and when I tried to add them, they were there, but still wouldn’t show after editing. Now, less than 12 hours later, that same thread seems to be working… so they definitely have a weird bug or something hiding in their site renderer.

I tried a couple different themes without the problem, and then went back to the original and wouldn’t you know the issue is gone! WTH lol

1 Like