Annoying New Thing, Feature or Bug?

My Moto Action One updated to Android 10 the other day and now I get this annoying dot on the bottom left of the nav bar for a notification about new gesture navigation. But I am using Nova launcher which does not support the new gesture nav, not that I want to use them anyway.
There is no way to get rid of the damn dot. If I press "Not now’ from the popup it closes and the blue dot stays there. When I press “See how it works” the popup and dot go away, but comes back the next time I unlock the screen.
Any idea how to kill it?

Maybe switch back to the standard launcher, do the “see how it works” dance, watch the dot disappear (hopefully), and come back to Nova?

2 Likes

There is a settings pane to change the way that works. As I recall, there are three values. The usual buttons, the pill button, or the gestures. I went back to the buttons because that felt most comfortable to me.

I can access that in the settings, tried changing it to another then back, but the damn notification comes back. Will have to try the stock launcher and see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

No change using the default Moto App Launcher in place of Nova Launcher. Pressed See how it works, same as before, the dot was gone until I locked then unlocked the screen.

Tried using the gesture navigation it was bugging me to try. No dot, but it came back once I switched back to 3 button nav.
Seems to be a Moto thing, did not have this issue with Android 10 on my old Pixel.

1 Like

Must be a bug. Hopefully a fix will come your way, soon!

1 Like

And this morning it’s gone. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

… the Easter miracle strikes again. :wink:

1 Like

Woohoo!!!

4uF3kHf

1 Like