Mikah Sargent Here!

iOS today. I usually watch the rerun on the stream after AAA, then listen to the audio on the commute the next day but I then watched it again on YouTube. You and Leo are funny because you say and sing things he doesn’t expect.

1 Like

Hey mikah I love the addition of you to the Twit team. So I’m a father of 4 teenagers and I’m having a devil of a time figuring out how to use parental controls. I have all the basics down, however, it seems like my very clever children have figured out some hacks or some workarounds especially in the iMessage department. I give them a modest 30 minutes a day for texting however, it seems like that they can text for hours a time.

I know the the older versions and ios 12 they were clever hacks where you could imessage from the contacts app and that sort of thing,

Are there any other resources that you can think of that might help me better understand how these kids are figuring out clever workarounds within the screentime limits?

Life choices my friend. I should have gotten chihuahuas. Be good!

Mike (aka - macdaddy)

3 Likes

I think it was @JasonHowell who has already announced that they will be doing the switch.

3 Likes

Yes, indeed! Its in our plans, but likely not SEVEN WEEKS or something crazy like Megan would propose. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sorry boss, but Megan was right. You really have to live the life. Seven weeks is barely long enough. Sacrifice you have to make for the rest of us.

@mikahsargent now has a OnePlus 7 Pro and a Galaxy S10+ so I think he’s living the Android life.

4 Likes

Micah did you ever find out Carrot Weather App one price for all I’m a tier 3.

Hey @mikahsargent! It’s great to have you on the Twit network. You and @JasonHowell are doing an awesome job on TNW. Though I’m not huge into IoT as yet, I’m looking forward to Smart Tech Today to see if or what I’m missing.

Oh, and I’d personally like to see both @mikahsargent and @JasonHowell make a simultaneous switch to Linux. Switching to each others’ phone OS is one thing, but it’d be really interesting to see how you’d both get along with Linux and support each other throughout the process. Just a random thought.

Keep up the great work, Mikah! :metal:

2 Likes

@mikahsargent you are awesome and your career is only going to rise, rise, rise!!! You’re a star, baby!

2 Likes

Hi Mikah!

When’s the GIF episode of «Hills I’d Day On»? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Really? That’s great! I highly doubt it will be a permanent switch*, but I can’t wait to hear his thoughts. Gotta give him a Windows laptop too, so that he can really experience a Patch Tuesday…

*I’m an Android fanboy who respects IOS products, so I am not implying anything other than that people rarely switch from what they already know and use.

1 Like

I’ve been eyeballing all the Surface magic Microsoft has been putting out.

My hope is if I co-host enough Windows Weekly episodes my good pal @Leo will just have to let me snag a Surface machine. :wink:

3 Likes

I am sorry @mikahsargent I can’t be a party to that.

4 Likes

Hey Mikah!

I hear you are from St. Joe. I used to study, live, and work there. I got my Teaching Certification from Missouri Western in 1985, taught school at Mid-Buchanan High School (that’s actually in Faucett). and did a lot of shows at the Missouri Theatre with Robidoux Resident Theatre.

I have been living in Europe since 1991, and haven’t been in St. Joe for a long time. But, I still have lots of friends there, it’s a great town and I loved living there.

Also, you are a great addition to the TWiT Network. Keep up the good work!

Vic

1 Like

So psyched you’re here! I love your energy, enthusiasm, and sense of humor. We’re lucky Leo grabbed you for the Twit fans. :grin:

4 Likes

Just wanted to concur with the others who’ve said that you’re a wonderful addition to the TWiT team. Especially appreciate you on TNW…I’m now a regular viewer. Great energy, humour, and smarts. Love the diversity of perspective that you represent (youth, PoC, LGBT) too. Leo chose well!

4 Likes