Ant and Mikah Duo

Just wanted to throw out some love for the new duo and specifically their presenting together. It seems to work really well with the contrasting styles - Mikah’s enthusiasm vs Ant’s slightly more understated commentary, and experience / interest - Mikah being an Apple guy and Ant using Windows, Mikah seeming to have a bit more of an interest with new tech / products vs Ant being more ‘alright how is this going to help me get work done / fit into my workflow’.

Had this thought watching Twit a few weeks back and again watching the Windows event coverage just now. I’m assuming going forward they’ll be off working seperately on their own shows, but ocassional excuses to have them together again wouldn’t go amiss. :grinning:

18 Likes

Boy I totally agree. I’ll have to find more opportunities to throw them together!

8 Likes

THANKS A LOT for the feedback, @ThomasMNS. ((blushes))

7 Likes

They suddenly appeared … or perhaps I missed a few weeks … but I love seeing @mikahsargent alongside you on IOS Today as well as working with @ant_pruitt.

It feels like a new era on the TWiT network. :wink:

KR, Catie L

6 Likes

Everyone here feels the same way :slight_smile: @ant_pruitt @mikahsargent

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

2 Likes

Thank you for this, Thomas! I think you perfectly captured our respective themes, if you will, when it comes to talking about tech.

I, too, felt like we had unique harmony while covering the Microsoft event.

4 Likes

you’re making me BLUSH! :blush:
THANKS!

3 Likes

I prefer the larger version of them, the Ant and Mikah Neo.

2 Likes

I have come back to TNW and iOS Today now that Mikah has joined as host - really great!!! I love when Ant is on TWiG also!!! Great guys…you hit the jackpot

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

We never thought we could lure Mikah away from Missouri and Ant away from NC.

When Lisa suggested them I told her there was no way we could either of them out here. So glad I was wrong.

12 Likes

2 episodes filling in for you and Mikah is already sounding like a seasoned Windows Weekly-er.
(think I need a better demonym for that :thinking: )

It’s great that TWiT is rotating the hosts for the fill-ins, as I think it’s making everyone more well-rounded. It was already a great start when Andy decided to go Android for phones, and when you started the yearly swap between Megan and Jason. It results in much better commentary and is turning everyone into little Leo’s. :smiley:

(this doesn’t mean you can retire yet though :sob: )

3 Likes

I’m going to figure out a way to block his devices from ever typing the word “retire”. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Well, I’ve been a listener since the beginnings at the Cottage, I bought a Brick at the TWiHouse and I think this is one of your best moves ever!! Well done…

3 Likes

I liked the way they worked together on this show too. Mikah provided the curiosity and enthusiasm element, and Ant the solid practicality element - “where’s the benefit?”. A good presenter, especially for audio, has to be something of an actor so they can dial their approach up or down, to mesh well with their co-host, and I thought they both do that well.

5 Likes

Thanks a LOT, @Clayton. This feedback is humbling :fist_right:t4::tumbler_glass:

2 Likes