MBW 810: Doing the Dalrymple

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

Almost every monitor has an OS. The configuration menus all run on top of an OS.

Sure - but not every monitor runs a full mobile OS with 64 GB of storage. I have to wonder how much of the price is because Apple engineered this into the display for whatever reason.

1 Like

Oof that camera on the display is pretty awful for that price.

1 Like

Apple is high on their own supply. The Studio Display should have a webcam that competes with the best of them. Want to put in an ultra wide lens with Center Stage for when the user is up and moving around? Fine, then put in a regular, high quality lens with a narrower field of view (say 50 or 65 degrees at most) for when the user wants an image that is “studio quality” (like the speakers and mics, ahem). And throw in the freaking height adjustable stand.

Also, I get that 5K@120 is too much data for current protocols, but in all the years this panel has been around they couldn’t have gotten some kind of local dimming? That is sad.

For some reason, the first three times I read this, I thought you were referring to the MBW hosts as the panel and were kind of trying to blame them for not commenting on the Studio Display not having local dimming LOL Maybe I’m the dim one :wink:

Ha! Maybe I should have said “LCD panel”. :joy:

Apple TV+ has said that for a while on Fire TV and Roku. Says use your iPhone or iPad to make purchases.

But have Apple relaxed the app rules about 3rd-party payments now? I put the Disney+ app on my wife’s iPhone recently and noticed it had a button to administer the account, change subscription, change payment card etc. This was all using Disney’s payment system.

Or perhaps that’s a special Apple/Disney agreement.

1 Like