MBW 778: Hatch My Eggs!

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

The CSAM database has been in use for more than a decade. The government could have tried to make changes to it before now. What Apple is doing does not give the government any additional capability.

1 Like

:apple:’s execs didn’t just lose their minds. I’m guessing they didn’t want to do this, but felt the pressure to address the situation, so they came up with the best solution they could. Unfortunately, it flies in the face of their entire privacy marketing shtick. How they announced it, well that was simply a cluster. And, the first person wrongly accused via their system will be a PR nightmare for them.

But Rene was right. In tech, people easily forget about exploding phones, peeling screens, bad hardware design, Apple pulling the iPad 3 just a few months after I bought the damned thing. This will blow over with the next slick presentation of iPhone 12s, um, I mean 13… If they don’t raise the price, or horrors!, drop it a bit, well, all the better.

It’s a bad look overall, but they must have been backed into a corner, to cause what they knew would be a problem for them. I guess we’ll see in a few months…

2 Likes

With a whole string of other TWiT podcasts downloading satisfactorily, my client (Podcast Republic on Android) seems to have picked up a duff URL for this one show again. The URL it’s failing on is https://pdst.fm/e/chtbl.com/track/E91833/cdn.twit.tv/megaphone/mbw_778/TWI6482323634.mp3.

Gives the error “URL could not be found” again.

Unsubscribing and re-subscribing fixed it again.

2 Likes