Main Apple Harware...what if

When apple announced that they would be designing their own chips for their phones I strongly believed that it would make it to their main computer systems and eventually everything they build. As of today there is only one shipping product left to make the change. I have been updating and modifying the chart as new processors have come available and new ideas to support the Apple faithful.

Today when I look at the product line and the flow of updates it is hard to determine how the progression of products will update and who they end up serving. There seems to be some areas that I would like to see them address better.

Similar to the four square product line Steve Jobs introduced so many years ago, I believe there is a user missing as well as product categories.

Looking to be able to introduce people to the Apple ecosystem I believe they should introduce an entry line (casual user) of products that have no options, with a previous processor and basic usable functions so that they can be built at mass with low mark-up to provide the candy to hook them to future upgrades to the next level of product.

Now I have renamed and created a few products that I believe in to round out the product line to a more cohesive path from casual to power user.

There are a few I would like to point out. First, the Apple iCloud Home product. I see this as a product for home, small and medium size businesses to allow for control for multiple video input devices, web server, mail server, file server, media and photo streaming. Allowing an individual to be in charge of their own information while using the Apple Account and DNS service to be able access and share access to their home iCloud appliance.

Second, the iPad Air (current iPad Mini) as a casual user device with pen support, WiFi only at an entry level cost device. To allow for that entry level for students and new users. The iPad and iPad Pro allowing for cellular options and more built-in features.

Third, the iMac Mini as a new device that is a basic product that would be simple in design that could be device that a user could put in a small desk space and/or companies could buy in mass for office staff to support office level apps and productivity products.

Finally, a product that may be a far reach but based on the possibilities and efficiencies of the M1 Ultra, the reintroduction of the xServe product line could be a welcome addition for those who have server racks but have to acquire third party products to be able to rack their Macs.

Though some of these may be wishful thinking they do seem to fill the needs of many users from the casual to the pro.