Looking for large file finder

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Windows 10 app that will find large files? I know there’s a way to do it in search, but I’d rather have a simple app. Thanks.

1 Like

Try this https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-search-for-large-files-in-windows-10/

Its simple enough, no need for another app to do it…

1 Like

windirstat is free
windirstat is free

5 Likes

While it’s not exactly what you asked for, I use SpaceSniffer which gives you a visual indication of what folders and files are taking up the most amount of space.

1 Like

I use TreeSizeFree to find big directories and files. Need the paid version to scan network drives, but local disks are free.

1 Like

I think WinDirStat will do network drives.

2 Likes

PCMag used to make a great [paid] utility back in the day. Too bad all their utilities have gone by the wayside as the print magazine faltered.

I think WinDirStat is the best choice, it does one thing well, and it’s completely free.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! Exactly what I was looking for.

I’ll second windirstat.

1 Like

I’m old school with SpaceMonger.exe and its simple use and stable operation. The old version is still free and online. I keep a copy on my file server just in case, too.

While Windirstat was my first thought, I’ve also used all the other tools mentioned above.

I’d also mention that the fantastic search tool “Everything” also lets you specify file sizes as search parameters, and makes it easy to find files without regard to directory hierarchy. (And search for duplicate files too).

Speaking of search utilities, Agent Ransack has been my go to search tool for years. Seems to be very popular programming circles.