Leo: Thank You for Fastmail!

@Leo Just wanted to say a big Thank You for your Fastmail recommendation. I just switched my business domain to them and cancelled my Google Workspace subscription. The process was fast and super easy and I’m discovering a rich Reddit community full of tips and some custom domain plus email masking tricks that are going to change my world for the better.

Now I just have to figure out how to migrate my personal @Gmail account that’s been around since their inception. That thing is tied into just about every aspect of my life and I think the process is going to take a little bit longer.

Anybody else migrating away from Gmail? Who do you use and what has your experience been like?

Ken
LiveFromStPete

I migrated my G Workspace domain as well. I was using it for personal email. Very happy with the service.
Unfortunately, while you can create a personal account in Fastmail and have it pull in your Gmail, you won’t be able to migrate without letting everyone know your new email address.

Yeah, The plan is to slowly do that over time. The good thing is I can still forward emails to the new address from the old Gmail address, so I can start the vetting process of who gets it and who doesn’t. Even after getting rid of everything before 2016, I have nearly 50K emails. This is going be fun. Next cut-off is going to be 2019 before I make the migration…along with a lot of deleted junk.