"Juice" podcast software is abandonware...and you should stop using it

Guys, seriously. Stop using Juice for podcasts. It hasn’t been updated since April 24, 2013 and it doesn’t support TLS 1.2 (TLS 1.0/1.1 reached End of Life in March 2020).

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve downloaded podcasts to a computer for years. On desktop I just stream from PocketCasts or YouTube these days.

1 Like

Google Listen showing up on the status too? :grinning:

Actually it hasn’t been updated since 2006.
Sourceforge updates the date each time a change is made to the project page, which is why 2013 is shown.

Windows users that want a good all-round media player and podcast app, should check out WACUP, which is the successor to Winamp but with a lot more modern features and support, such as support for common streaming media sites, and notification support for twitter, discord and more.

2006?! …and some people are still using this thing? Wow!

However, with Apple starting to require secure feeds for podcasts and Juice not supporting TLS 1.2 or newer, anyone still using this software will really need to move on to an alternative. We won’t be publishing special non-secure podcast feeds for a dozen or so folks still using this 14 year-old software.

1 Like

It’s rather telling that the web site lists Windows 2000 and XP and no later Windows versions :slight_smile:

1 Like