Irony - TILE Device

Well, I just contacted the company to get a replacement. It stopped working…

Reviews on similar items have bad comments as well. Guess all of these kinds of devices are not very durable.

1 Like

I’ve used Tile before and it was helpful on several occasions to find my wallet and my keys, but I’m looking forward to Apple’s Tags to supplement their Find My app.

1 Like

Well, having them on keys is probably more abusive to the device than it can take. If it was on something that saw less use, it would probably last longer…

1 Like

Same, TrackR are useless and get through batteries quickly. They offered free batteries but the post and packing they charged cost far more than just buying new batteries from an online retailer and having them delivered.

It did not help that they mislead people in the advertising as they did not really explain that the GPS finding feature was really just relying on and waiting for someone with the TrackR app and bluetooth running on their phone to walk within a 1 meter of your TrackR and hopefully if the battery was not already flat you would get a location of your lost TrackR device. Terrible buggy devices with misleading advertising. I found that is was far cheaper and easier to just pay for the stuff I lost and throw the TrackR’s away.

3 Likes

I can’t even begin to imagine how in the world ANYTHING reaches its final destination. Social distancing etc mus be a nightmare.

1 Like