iPad Pro searching

How do I search for apps that are on my iPad Pro. I don’t want to have to go through iTunes.

2 Likes

Swipe down on the screen to get the search bar. Type in the app name and it should be the first thing you see.

1 Like

Thank you for that! I’ve found iOS not as easy to use as Android, so this helps.

Changing OS is always a pain. I had an Android phone for six hours before I gave up and returned it, going back to my iPhone. You can download a copy of the iOS user’s manual at the iBook store for free. Look for the one for iPad, not the iPhone one.

1 Like

Cool! I’m sticking with Android for as long as out exists, but I use my iPad Pro for work, and I like to be well versed in more than just Android anyway.

I find the fact that there is no alphabetical list of installed apps on iOS like there is on Android (the app drawer and Ron would call it) to be a pain. With the inability to have an icon in more than one place, the Spotlight search (or whatever it’s called now) is sometimes the only way to find something, but the downside is it doesn’t show you where it actually is, it just lets you launch it from search. I’ve had to use the store purchase history on occasion to remind me of what I am looking for in an infrequently used app.

1 Like

I can’t find the search bar that is the problem. I could do this on my iPhone and my old iPad but it is missing from the iPad Pro.

Captain_Sam

November 1
Swipe down on the screen to get the search bar. Type in the app name and it should be the first thing you see.

That is strange, I have it, right above Siri suggestions. I have iPad Pro 12.9

Swipe down on the middle of the screen (not from the top edge)?

2 Likes

Yes, that works for me. It’s a bit confusing at first.

Thank you. My problem was I was swiping left and expecting to find Search in the same way I do on my phone.

Now I know and I am very grateful to everyone who tried to help.

MacPhyle

November 1
Yes, that works for me. It’s a bit confusing at first.

3 Likes