Intro and Thanks to TWIT crew

A note of thanks to TWIT, primarily Steve, Paul, Mary-Jo, and of course Leo. As a Ham since 1952, when I was drawn into ‘computering’ in the 80’s I naturally wanted to ‘roll my own’, and Windows [98SE in fact] was the only O.S. available to a ‘home brewer’, so Windows is all I know and understand at all. I’m sure that the Mac folks are as great as the ones I follow, and I have fond memories from TWIT-TV days of Patrick Norton and particularly a ‘classy lassie’ named Michela [I think], who added definite glitz to the show!
I’ve learned a lot from all these great people, kept me going as my beloved Amateur Radio has died on the vine [for me, an old Morse Code OP], and now provides me with interesting entertainment in my sunset years. My address ‘crypto1937@…’ speaks for it’s self.
So I raise a glass of Singapore Sling to Y’all, and long live TWIT. I’ll be around, reading…Bye

3 Likes

Great to see you on the forum Bill! Pretty neat computing history you’ve got there. You’ve probably forgotten more than I know :rofl:

Well, I dunno about that, but I did remember the name of the TV program was The Screensavers. Steve had hair… :wink:

2 Likes

Ah those were the days!

1 Like