Google Workspace DNS Configuration

Months ago I joined some support group for Google. I can’t find the email chain now to ask a new question. Can anyone help me? Either by telling me how to find the Google Support forum or by answering my question below.

I’m setting up a new Google Workspace account. I purchased my domain name through Google (apparently in conjunction with Square Space). I’m supposed to add a new CNAME record.

But I was never given any Square Space credentials. I think I can edit the DNS settings through my Google Admin Centre, but I don’t know how.

If your zone is hosted with Google, then you’ll be able to add a CNAME record on the Google admin console. Here’s a relevant doc from their support site for finding your DNS settings - How to check DNS records from the Admin console  |  Google Workspace Knowledge Center

If you’re comfortable sharing your domain name, I’d be able to check who you’re using based on the nameserver associated with the domain.

Thanks for the Google documentation. I get as far as step 3. No domain is listed, just the option to add a domain. When I try to add my domain, I get the error message that my domain is already added.

schuberttutoring.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Your domain does have it’s NS pointing to Google, so your zone file should be in that portal somewhere assuming you’re logged in to the correct account.

Unfortunately I don’t use Google for my DNS services so I’m not sure exactly where to point you. Here’s a link to their community support forum, maybe that’s the support group you’re thinking of - https://support.google.com/a/community