Dark Reader Extension

I found this on HowToGeek Link to the article. It is to show web pages in Dark Mode, in Chrome, FireFox, Brave, and Safari. It works for me and my Cataracts. I’ve had one eye fixed and it is very light sensitive, and dark mode relieves the pain in that eye. It is also easier on the eye that has not been fixed yet. It is adjustable with brightness and contrast settings.

I hope Jeff Jarvis doesn’t find out about this, he may have me banned, :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I tried that before, but it really messes with things like spreadsheets. Although I guess you can just turn it off for things like google sheets. I will give it another shot.

I’ve been using it for a few months now. I’ve put in exceptions for sites that have their own dark mode or for sites where it just doesn’t work.

@Uzetaab you can enable/disable it on a site-by-site basis, at least in Firefox. I have it disabled here and use the Discourse native dark mode, for example.

1 Like

You can exclude websites you specify. Have you tried that?

Edit: I just reread what you wrote and I guess you have. Works great for me for most sites I go to…

Both me and my eyes 63 year old eyes thank you so much for this.

I’d tried other dark mode extensions, but none of them let me customize sites and they really messed-up sites that already had a dark mode option.

1 Like