Best Video Editing Software For Podcasts on MacOS

I’m going to be doing a video podcast where I will be wanting to add stylish lower-thirds, transitions, etc. I was wondering what other podcasters on MacOS prefer for video editing; Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro? There seem to be A LOT more transition and lower third templates available for Premiere Pro than Final Cut Pro, but from my limited use with Premiere Pro so far it’s a bit frustrating to use at times.

I’ve also heard others recommend Podcasting solutions like Descript which removes unwanted audio like “uh” and “um” etc but I wonder how that would look considering its a video podcast, I don’t believe their software resolves the issue with video, it would just look muted?

Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

I thought iMovie had enough to get started. The others are all quite similar fundamentally varying in how some effects are done. Just go with what you can afford.

Davinci Resolve free version is fine, but doesn’t have hardware acceleration.

1 Like

I actually have a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud with all apps (I got a special deal for everything at $30 a month for a year), so most likely I’m going to be using Premiere Pro, but I have also been using the free trial of Final Cut Pro and really like how intuitive it is compared to Premiere Pro, but thats another $300 added cost. Premiere can be quite frustrating at times, but I just need some more time to get accustomed to the interface.

1 Like

Oh, you’re all set then. :smile:

Maaaaan this video is 5 years old. I had no idea.

1 Like

Thanks again Ant! I take it this is still very relevant even 5 years later? Ex: Interface is still the same for the most part?