Alternatives to iMovie

Hi everyone

I’m running up against some limitations with iMovie and finding it a bit buggy at times (e.g. fonts in a title run together or overlaps). So I’m looking for suggestions for alternativeS. I know I can do a search but wanting personal experiences.

Final Cut is way too complex for me to use. I’m open for a paid alternative but would prefer to avoid professional level (eg Davinci).

I am trying Filmora 9 and kind of like it but finding a few challenges. (Happy to list those out if interested. ) One is that it crashes a bit.

Thanks.

1 Like

Explaining Computers has a good roundup of 8 free video editors on his YouTube channel. He demos them doing the same tasks too:

3 Likes

Hi, I personally use Joyoshare Video Cutter for video editing on both Mac and Windows. It is easy-to-use and cost-effective.

Some suggestions I found:

I got Adobe Premier Elements on sale for nearly half off. Luckily this is not a subscription… but on the other hand, it’s not as powerful as its bigger brother version. For the few things I need to do, cut and trim, remove audio, splice together a couple of smaller parts, and then export (elusively to) MP4, it’s just fine. It does crash often enough thou, because it’s an Adobe product, so if you go that route, save often.

2 Likes