Automatically deleting known spam

Is there a way to mark a sender as absolutely spam and have it just delete rather than even go to my spam folder? I keep getting junk from Classmates.com amongst others.

It’s it Gmail you’re using? If so, you can block the sender. Only in the web version, apparently - not on mobile. If you’re using some other email service, sorry - my knowledge is only with Gmail.

1 Like

I’m using Apple’s Iclould mail.

1 Like
  1. Open a message from the sender you want to block if possible. You can block an address without a message from it at hand and open, of course; setting up the rule to perform the block will be easier with an email open, though.
  2. Make sure the folder list is visible in iCloud Mail at icloud.com. If you do not see a list of mailboxes to the left, press Show Mailboxes ( ) at the top of the message list.
  3. Select the Show Actions Menu gear icon ( :gear: ) at the folder list’s bottom.
  4. Select Rules… from the menu that appears.
  5. Press Add a Rule… .
  6. Make sure the criterion for the new filter reads If a message is from .
  7. Enter the email address you want to block underneath. If you had a message from the sender open at the beginning, their email address has been entered automatically.
  8. Make sure Move to Trash is selected under Then .
  9. Press Done .
  10. Press Done again.
2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yet another excellent Hands On Macintosh subject!

2 Likes

Happy to oblige again! :slightly_smiling_face:

It was my pleasure. I’m sure it was just because I logged on before other people gave help. BTW, I don’t use Apple. I just did and Internet search, then copied and pasted.

1 Like

Yes, kind of knew that method but was thinking there might be a way to do it directly in my email program.