Is there a way to mark a sender as absolutely spam and have it just delete rather than even go to my spam folder? I keep getting junk from Classmates.com amongst others.
It’s it Gmail you’re using? If so, you can block the sender. Only in the web version, apparently - not on mobile. If you’re using some other email service, sorry - my knowledge is only with Gmail.
I’m using Apple’s Iclould mail.
- Open a message from the sender you want to block if possible. You can block an address without a message from it at hand and open, of course; setting up the rule to perform the block will be easier with an email open, though.
- Make sure the folder list is visible in iCloud Mail at icloud.com. If you do not see a list of mailboxes to the left, press Show Mailboxes ( › ) at the top of the message list.
- Select the Show Actions Menu gear icon ( ) at the folder list’s bottom.
- Select Rules… from the menu that appears.
- Press Add a Rule… .
- Make sure the criterion for the new filter reads If a message is from .
- Enter the email address you want to block underneath. If you had a message from the sender open at the beginning, their email address has been entered automatically.
- Make sure Move to Trash is selected under Then .
- Press Done .
- Press Done again.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Yet another excellent Hands On Macintosh subject!
Happy to oblige again!
It was my pleasure. I’m sure it was just because I logged on before other people gave help. BTW, I don’t use Apple. I just did and Internet search, then copied and pasted.
Yes, kind of knew that method but was thinking there might be a way to do it directly in my email program.