ATG 1973: If It's Tuesday, It Must Be Belgium

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

The Windows user should search windows for the term LID. Then select Change what closing the lid does to DO NOTHING. Then the computer will run and you can send the signal out to a monitor.

oops… I saw that it was answered in the show live.

1 Like

Hi Leo, long time listener, first time poster… I’ve always enjoyed listening to your shows. Today you were talking about the provisioning of your 888 number, how long it was taking to provision it, how it would only be a single number that wouldn’t allow queuing like the expensive solutions used by Radio stations. I’ve worked with AWS for a long time, once having been a TAM. Companies both large (including the largest insurance company in the US) and small use Amazon Connect for similar things. It’s easy to setup, can be self managing and provide just the sort of thing you once had on the Radio for a near-nothing cost. There’s pricing and example monthly costs to be had here Cloud Contact Center Service – Amazon Connect Pricing – Amazon Web Services. I’d be happy to throw something together for you if you have any interest. Keith

Thanks, Keith. We’ve already got Zoom setup - this way we can get the calls into the Zoom. But I’ll keep your suggestion in mind.

Totally spaced on this, but I meant to post a photo of the F1 Multiviewer software that @Leo and I (James) discussed on the show. Here’s a shot of my “race control” station during the Hungarian GP on Sunday:

Truly a must-have for anyone watching with an F1TV subscription. Listening to Norris’s frantic radio calls during the final 15 laps while watching Checo’s sector times improving and then waning really enhanced the race for me.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for recommending the multi-viewer! My setup isn’t as grand but it sure is a great way to watch the race!

1 Like